What is Zentangling?

If you like to draw patterns or doodle with pen and paper, you can learn to Zentangle. As the name implies, it's a Zen-like way of creating images through repetitive patterns and shapes.

Zentangling is relaxing, stimulating, entertaining, and fun!

You don't have to have had any art training to Zentangle, but if you did, here's a new way to showcase your talent.

Also known as Zendoodling, and maybe more names, it's growing in popularity every day, so read below on how you can get started.

My new Friendoodlers or ZenFriends are a very talented and creative group!

One of the first Zentanglers featured here was Molossus, who has a blog called Life Imitates Doodles

What I really like about her newest work is the use of shading and different shapes:




There's a little Ralph Steadman thing going on in this last one.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah. I can see the Ralph Steadman thing. I was actually thinking Patrick Arrismith. I love his scratchboard work. I used to work in scratchboard myself, and sometimes it shows up in my drawings.

    Thank you for featuring my work!

    ReplyDelete